Welcome to our help center page on the Virtuous and Gratavid Integration. We have 4 integration events with Virtuous:
- New Gift Added In Virtuous
- Save Gratavid Task Sent In Virtuous
- Save Gratavid Replies In Virtuous
- Save Gratavid Watches In Virtuous
It's as simple as flipping a switch to turn the integrations on.
How To Connect
Gratavid connects to Virtuous via an API Key.
Login to Virtuous and click More Tools > Connectivity > Api Keys > Create an API key. You can view the screenshot below if you have any questions.
Give your API key a name such as 'Gratavid Key', and make sure the permission is set to 'Admin' ... If the key does not have admin permissions you will run into issues setting up your integration events.
Once you have received your Virtuous API key, visit https://account.gratavid.com/integration/virtuous and insert your API key to connect to Gratavid.
New Gift Added In Virtuous
Automatically create a Gratavid task or send a note when a new gift is added in Virtuous.
Which household individual is selected by Gratavid? Gratavid first checks if an individual was associated with the new gift. If no individual is the primary gift contact, then Gratavid selects the first household individual. Gratavid will not select a contact's email if they have opted out.
Milestones for New Gift Added In Virtuous
Have Gratavid automatically send a note or create a task when donor milestones are met. Choose from any of these 4 events:
- Constituents number of gifts reached any of these milestones
- Use case: Thank a donor once they have made 10 gifts.
- Constituents total lifetime giving reached any of these milestones
- Use case: Thank a donor once they have given over $1000. A donor might only give $100 a month, but they should be thanked once their donations accrue and reach certain milestones.
- Since MONTH, constituents cumulative giving reached any of these milestones
- Use case: Thank a donor once they have given over $1000 since the start of your fiscal year. Great for giving clubs, societies, and circles.
- Constituent has consecutively given for any of these yearly milestones
- Use case: Thank a donor once who has given every calendar year for the past 5 years.
- How it works: A donor must have given every calendar year to be considered consecutive. If a donor gave in 2010, 2011, 2013, and in 2014 that would only be two consecutive years (2013 and 2014).
Save Gratavid Send & Engagement Data in Virtuous
Automatically create interactions in Virtuous when a Gratavid is watched, replied to, or a task sent.
Troubleshooting: If data is not being saved back into Virtuous make sure:
- You have saved the contact id in Gratavid as outlined under 'Keeping Virtuous & Gratavid in Sync'
- You turned the integration on and then sent a test Gratavid. The integration will not work with Gratavids sent before the integration was turned on.
Keeping Virtuous & Gratavid in Sync
For Gratavid to save data back into Virtuous, you must save the Virtuous household id as the Gratavid "Custom Account Id." Gratavid will automatically add this id if you use the "New Gift Added" integration.
Security & Data Flow
Gratavid connects to your Virtuous account using a Virtuous API key. When you connect your Gratavid and Virtuous account, we store your API key. This key allows Gratavid to make API requests to Virtuous on your behalf. At Gratavid, we take extreme measures to protect your Virtuous API key. For example, none of your Gratavid account users or admins have access to view your key once it is stored in Gratavid. The key can only be accessed by our Gratavid server and is protected by strict server-side security rules. Therefore, in the extreme case that a malicious user could log in as an admin under your Gratavid account, the malicious user would not have access to your Virtuous API key and therefore could not make any API requests on your behalf.
API Tokens are stored at rest and are also encrypted before being saved to our database. Therefore, even Gratavid database administrators cannot access the decrypted API key. Keys are encrypted with AES-256 and the password to decrypt is only available on our app layer. In other words, the password to decrypt the Virtuous API key is not accessible to the database layer and is only accessible to the app layer.
New Gift Added In Virtuous
Data flows from Virtuous to Gratavid. As a part of this flow, and in order to execute the Gratavid integration, we store constituent information (name, email, and phone number) and gift information (transaction date, transaction amount, and transaction comments). This information tells our system to create a new task, add the corresponding constituent to the task, and include information about why the task was created. For example, "New task created. Send Will Trapp a thank you video. Will made a $100 donation." Please note we do not see or store payment information such as credit card numbers or bank accounts.
Save Gratavid Task Sent In Virtuous, Save Gratavid Replies In Virtuous, & Save Gratavid Watches In Virtuous
All 3 of these integrations send data from Gratavid into Virtuous. We do not request or store any response data (constituent names, gift history, payment info, etc.) from Virtuous for these integrations.