Welcome to our help center page on the Neon and Gratavid Integration.
How To Connect
- Grab your organization id from Neon CRM instance by going to Settings > Organization Profile.
- Get your API key from NeonCRM. We recommend creating a new user by going to Settings > User Management. Note: replace "yourorganization.com" with your company domain and ensure someone will receive emails sent to email@example.com.
- Visit Gratavid and add both your organization and API key to connect.
New Donation Created In Neon
Automatically create a Gratavid task or send a note when a new donation is added in Neon.
FYI: Gratavid will use the account's first email to create a new contact in Gratavid. We will not create a duplicate contact if the contact already exists in Gratavid. If an account is flagged as "Do Not Contact" then Gratavid will skip the donation and not take any action in Gratavid.
Milestones for New Donation Created In Neon
Have Gratavid automatically send a note or create a task when donor milestones are met. Choose from any of these 4 events:
- Constituents number of gifts reached any of these milestones
- Use case: Thank a donor once they have made 10 gifts.
- Constituents total lifetime giving reached any of these milestones
- Use case: Thank a donor once they have given over $1000. A donor might only give $100 a month, but they should be thanked once their donations accrue and reach certain milestones.
- Since MONTH, constituents cumulative giving reached any of these milestones
- Use case: Thank a donor once they have given over $1000 since the start of your fiscal year. Great for giving clubs, societies, and circles.
- Constituent has consecutively given for any of these yearly milestones
- Use case: Thank a donor once who has given every calendar year for the past 5 years.
- How it works: A donor must have given every calendar year to be considered consecutive. If a donor gave in 2010, 2011, 2013, and in 2014 that would only be two consecutive years (2013 and 2014).
Security & Data Flow
Gratavid connects to your Neon account using a Neon API key. When you connect your Gratavid and Neon account, we store your API key. This key allows Gratavid to make API requests to Neon on your behalf. At Gratavid, we take extreme measures to protect your Neon API key. For example, none of your Gratavid account users or admins have access to view your key once it is stored in Gratavid. The key can only be accessed by our Gratavid server and is protected by strict server-side security rules. Therefore, in the extreme case that a malicious user could log in as an admin under your Gratavid account, the malicious user would not have access to your Neon API key and therefore could not make any API requests on your behalf.
API Tokens are stored at rest and are also encrypted before being saved to our database. Therefore, even Gratavid database administrators cannot access the decrypted API key. Keys are encrypted with AES-256 and the password to decrypt is only available on our app layer. In other words, the password to decrypt the Neon API key is not accessible to the database layer and is only accessible to the app layer.
New Donation Created In Neon
Data flows from Neon to Gratavid. As a part of this flow, and in order to execute the Gratavid integration, we store constituent information (name, email, and phone number) and gift information (transaction date, transaction amount, and transaction comments). This information tells our system to create a new task, add the corresponding constituent to the task, and include information about why the task was created. For example, "New task created. Send Will Trapp a thank you video. Will made a $100 donation." Please note we do not see or store payment information such as credit card numbers or bank accounts.