Welcome to our help center page on the DonorPerfect and Gratavid Integration. We have 4 integration events with DonorPerfect:
- New Gift Added In DonorPerfect
- Save Gratavid Task Sent In DonorPerfect
- Save Gratavid Replies In DonorPerfect
- Save Gratavid Watches In DonorPerfect
It's as simple as flipping a switch to turn the integrations on.
How To Connect
Gratavid connects to DonorPerfect via an API Key.
- Create a user in your DonorPerfect account and associate your or any team member's email with it.
- Email DonorPerfect API Support at email@example.com and CC firstname.lastname@example.org asking for a DonorPerfect API key. In the email request, include your DonorPerfect online client id, your organization name, and the name of the user you created in step #1.
- Once you have received your DonorPerfect API key, visit https://account.gratavid.com/integration/donorPerfect and insert your API key to connect to Gratavid.
New Gift Added In DonorPerfect
Automatically create a Gratavid task or send a note when a new gift is added in DonorPerfect.
FYI: Gratavid will use the contacts first email to create a new contact in Gratavid. We will not create a duplicate contact if the contact already exists in Gratavid. If the contact 'Do Not Send Mail' is selected then Gratavid will skip the gift and not take any action in Gratavid.
Milestones for New Gift Added In DonorPerfect
Have Gratavid automatically send a note or create a task when donor milestones are met. Choose from any of these 4 events:
- Constituents number of gifts reached any of these milestones
- Use case: Thank a donor once they have made 10 gifts.
- Constituents total lifetime giving reached any of these milestones
- Use case: Thank a donor once they have given over $1000. A donor might only give $100 a month, but they should be thanked once their donations accrue and reach certain milestones.
- Since MONTH, constituents cumulative giving reached any of these milestones
- Use case: Thank a donor once they have given over $1000 since the start of your fiscal year. Great for giving clubs, societies, and circles.
- Constituent has consecutively given for any of these yearly milestones
- Use case: Thank a donor once who has given every calendar year for the past 5 years.
- How it works: A donor must have given every calendar year to be considered consecutive. If a donor gave in 2010, 2011, 2013, and in 2014 that would only be two consecutive years (2013 and 2014).
Save Gratavid Send & Engagement Data in DonorPerfect
Automatically create interactions in DonorPerfect when a Gratavid is watched, replied to, or a task sent.
Troubleshooting: If data is not being saved back into DonorPerfect make sure:
- You have saved the donor id in Gratavid as outlined under 'Keeping DonorPerfect & Gratavid in Sync'
- You turned the integration on and then sent a test Gratavid. The integration will not work with Gratavids sent before the integration was turned on.
Keeping DonorPerfect & Gratavid in Sync
For Gratavid to save data back into DonorPerfect, you must save the DonorPerfect "donor id" as the Gratavid "Custom User Id." Gratavid will automatically add this id if you use the "New Gift Added" integration.
Security & Data Flow
Gratavid connects to your DonorPerfect account using a DonorPerfect API key. When you connect your Gratavid and DonorPerfect account, we store your API key. This key allows Gratavid to make API requests to DonorPerfect on your behalf. At Gratavid, we take extreme measures to protect your DonorPerfect API key. For example, none of your Gratavid account users or admins have access to view your key once it is stored in Gratavid. The key can only be accessed by our Gratavid server and is protected by strict server-side security rules. Therefore, in the extreme case that a malicious user could log in as an admin under your Gratavid account, the malicious user would not have access to your DonorPerfect API key and therefore could not make any API requests on your behalf.
API Tokens are stored at rest and are also encrypted before being saved to our database. Therefore, even Gratavid database administrators cannot access the decrypted API key. Keys are encrypted with AES-256 and the password to decrypt is only available on our app layer. In other words, the password to decrypt the DonorPerfect API key is not accessible to the database layer and is only accessible to the app layer.
New Gift Added In DonorPerfect
Data flows from DonorPerfect to Gratavid. As a part of this flow, and in order to execute the Gratavid integration, we store constituent information (name, email, and phone number) and gift information (transaction date, transaction amount, and transaction comments). This information tells our system to create a new task, add the corresponding constituent to the task, and include information about why the task was created. For example, "New task created. Send Will Trapp a thank you video. Will made a $100 donation." Please note we do not see or store payment information such as credit card numbers or bank accounts.
Save Gratavid Task Sent In DonorPerfect, Save Gratavid Replies In DonorPerfect, & Save Gratavid Watches In DonorPerfect
All 3 of these integrations send data from Gratavid into DonorPerfect. We do not request or store any response data (constituent names, gift history, payment info, etc.) from DonorPerfect for these integrations.