Welcome to our help center page on the Bloomerang and Gratavid Integration. We have 4 integration events with Bloomerang:
- New Donation Added In Bloomerang
- Save Gratavid Task Sent In Bloomerang
- Save Gratavid Replies In Bloomerang
- Save Gratavid Watches In Bloomerang
It's as simple as flipping a switch to turn the integrations on.
How To Connect
- Visit https://account.gratavid.com/integration/bloomerang as a Gratavid admin and connect your Gratavid and Bloomerang account.
New Donation Added In Bloomerang
Automatically create a Gratavid task or send a note when a new donation is added in Bloomerang.
FYI: Gratavid will use the constituent's primary email to create a new contact in Gratavid. We will not create a duplicate contact if the contact already exists in Gratavid. If contacts Email Interests equals "Opted Out" then Gratavid will skip the donation and not take any action in Gratavid. Gratavid saves Bloomerang informal name as Gratavid salutation. The contact must have a primary email address for this to work.
Milestones for New Gift Added In Bloomerang
Have Gratavid automatically send a note or create a task when donor milestones are met. Choose from any of these 4 events:
- Constituents number of gifts reached any of these milestones
- Use case: Thank a donor once they have made 10 gifts.
- Constituents total lifetime giving reached any of these milestones
- Use case: Thank a donor once they have given over $1000. A donor might only give $100 a month, but they should be thanked once their donations accrue and reach certain milestones.
- Since MONTH, constituents cumulative giving reached any of these milestones
- Use case: Thank a donor once they have given over $1000 since the start of your fiscal year. Great for giving clubs, societies, and circles.
- Constituent has consecutively given for any of these yearly milestones
- Use case: Thank a donor once who has given every calendar year for the past 5 years.
- How it works: A donor must have given every calendar year to be considered consecutive. If a donor gave in 2010, 2011, 2013, and in 2014 that would only be two consecutive years (2013 and 2014).
Save Gratavid Send & Engagement Data in Bloomerang
Automatically create interactions in Bloomerang when a Gratavid is watched, replied to, or a task sent.
Troubleshooting: If data is not being saved back into Bloomerang make sure:
- You have saved the constituents id in Gratavid as outlined under 'Keeping Bloomerang & Gratavid in Sync'
- You turned the integration on and then sent a test Gratavid. The integration will not work with Gratavids sent before the integration was turned on.
Keeping Bloomerang & Gratavid in Sync
For Gratavid to save data back into Bloomerang, you must save the Bloomerang constituent's "Account Number" in Gratavid under "Custom User Id." Do NOT store Bloomerang Household Ids in Gratavid. See the two screenshots below for where to find these ids in Bloomerang and Gratavid.
Gratavid will automatically add this id if you use the "New Donation Added" integration.
Security & Data Flow
Gratavid connects to your Bloomerang account using OAuth authentication via the Bloomerang REST API. When you connect your Gratavid and Bloomerang account we receive an authentication token from Bloomerang. This token allows Gratavid to make API requests to Bloomerang on your behalf. These tokens expire after 365 days of inactivity. At Gratavid, we take extreme measures to ensure your Bloomerang tokens are protected. For example, none of your Gratavid account users or admins have access to view these tokens. These tokens can only be accessed by our Gratavid server, and are protected by strict server-side security rules. Therefore, in the extreme case that a malicious user was able to log in as an admin under your Gratavid account, the malicious user would not have access to your Bloomerang tokens and therefore could not make any API requests on your behalf.
Authentication tokens are not only stored at rest but are also encrypted before being saved to our database. Therefore, even the Gratavid database administrators do not have access to the decrypted authentication token. Authentication tokens are encrypted with AES-256 and the key to decrypt is only available on our app layer. In other words, the key to decrypt the authentication token is not accessible to the database layer and is only accessible to the app layer.
New Donation Added In Bloomerang
Data flows from Bloomerang to Gratavid. As a part of this flow, and in order to execute the Gratavid integration, we store constituent information (name, email, and phone number) and gift information (transaction date, transaction amount, and transaction comments). This information tells our system to create a new task, add the corresponding constituent to the task, and include information about why the task was created. For example, "New task created. Send Will Trapp a thank you video. Will made a $100 donation." Please note we do not see or store payment information such as credit card numbers, or bank accounts.
Save Gratavid Task Sent In Bloomerang, Save Gratavid Replies In Boomerang, & Save Gratavid Watches In Boomerang
All 3 of these integrations send data from Gratavid into Bloomerang. We do not request or store any response data (constituent names, gift history, payment info, etc.) from Bloomerang for these integrations.